1. We started getting meat delivery once a month - it's going to always be a little surprise as to exactly what we get, but it will always be fresh and from local farms where animals live in decent conditions and eat diets that are healthy and not full of hormones and other crap. It's stretched my cooking skills, it's made me stray from the same few cuts of meat that I usually eat, and it's given us an incentive to eat healthy. I can't do the CSA for the farm any more because I can't eat most of the veggies, but I can do this.
2. I walked a whole lot of laps (a few miles) during the little guy's first basketball practice of the season, yay me!
3. I took the kids to watch the filming of Live By Night.
4. I binge watched Wayward Pines one cold, rainy Sunday. (Unfortunately, I did not finish the series and it's no longer available On Demand, and Netflix has it on DVD but I have a streaming subscription - I have a few episodes left, so I don't know how it ends.)
5. I knit most of El Esposo's vest - as of today, it is knitted and sewn together. He's tried it on and it fits. I still need to do the ribbing at the armholes and neck.
6. I left work twice a week at 4:00 so that I could get home in time to pick up the youngest. When I do this, it feels like a revolutionary act. It also fills me with anxiety and dread that someone will say something negative about it. I work with a lot of people who work from about 10:00 am to 5:20 pm, so they have no idea that I come to work 90-120 minutes before they do almost every day, but they certainly notice that I leave earlier than them. Work/life balance - I have to make it work.
7. I took our foster dog to the vet three times. We still don't have an answer for why he's emaciated and has terrible diarrhea, but we have ruled out a lot of things that he does NOT have. So I'm choosing to see this as steps that needed to be taken to get us to where we need to be. It's progress.
8. I treated myself to a mani/pedi, which would have been more relaxing if El Esposo wasn't blowing up my phone while I was at the nail salon.
9. I got myself another little job, the one teaching a college class. It was unexpected but there are so many reasons why it fills me with joy to think that I will have this opportunity.
10. I blogged every day. That was a killer. But it made me stretch myself in ways that I haven't in a long, long time. And it also made me way, way behind on answering comments and reading other blogs. I'm going to need to catch up this month.