We had a fairly quiet weekend, a bit of a rest between the bustle of vacation and getting ready for school in August, and the whirlwind that September promises to be, with all the kids' activities starting up for the academic year.
So, what did I do?
1. I was a blockhead - I blocked a shawl and a cardigan sweater. The cardigan just needs buttons now.
2. We went out for Mexican food. I'm doing the Whole30 so I couldn't have any chips or rice or cheese or beans, but I still had a deliciously spicy chicken dish.
3. I ordered my very first fauxdori. I really want the limited edition blue Midori Traveler's Notebook, but it's sold out all over the US and I'm not so in love that I want to pay international shipping. Laurie turned me on to these little notebook/organizer things, so I'm still quite a novice. Once the fauxdori cover comes in, I will have to order inserts and get it put together, so there's more to come on this one. (What's a fauxdori - it's a Midori style cover that is not made by Midori!)
4. I actually went to knitting on Sunday morning. Lucia and I were the only two knitters there, and we had a nice relaxing morning knitting, then visited with the peafowl and chickens before we left the farm.
5. I ordered new underwear on the spur of the moment. For a while now, I've been annoyed by the lack of space in my underwear drawer, and I've wanted to toss out all the stuff that I don't wear. Most of the "I don't wear it" falls into one category - uncomfortable - but there's also underwear that has seen better days. The one thing keeping me from purging this drawer is the fear of not having enough underwear left. So, I took advantage of a 25% off Labor Day sale and now have 15 new pairs of underwear winging their way to me. When I informed El Esposo of my plan, he helpfully suggested which underwear he'd like to see tossed, lol.
6. I tried all natural deodorant. I also learned that the thing about anti-persperant that makes you not sweat is aluminum, which plugs up your sweat glands. Yuck! So I'm giving all natural, vegan, environmentally friendly deodorant a try. I bought Schmidt's Deodorant, and the first scent I'm trying is the Ylang-Ylang Calendula.
7. I met Chewbacca at Target. Who knew?
8. We visited with my parents. Although it was hot out, the pool was really cold and I was the only one who went in the water.
9. I made brownies. . . but I didn't eat any.
10. We spent some quality time with all of the dogs.