This is a tough one for me. My sense of smell and taste are not very strong, so texture is a major factor in my culinary likes and dislikes. I also hate smooshy food, so you won't see a lot of fruit on this list. But I do love ice cream, so here goes:
1. Jimmies! The rest of the world might call them sprinkles, but we in New England say jimmies. And I mean the chocolate ones, not the rainbow ones.
2. Chocolate syrup, but never that vile monstrosity that is called Hot Fudge. I can tell when I am being served cold Hot Fudge instead of actual Chocolate Syrup, so don't mess with me there. My favorite brands are Hershey's, Bosco, and Fox's U-Bet.
5. Creme de menthe - this is one of the few things that makes vanilla ice cream edible.
6. Chocolate chips - I don't care whether they are regular or mini sized ones. Though I prefer dark chocolate to milk, I will eat either on my ice cream.
7. M&M's - there is something about the way the ice cream makes them colder that is just irresistable.
8. Grape Nuts - I prefer them mixed into yogurt, but they are good on ice cream when I'm in the mood.
9. Crumbled Heath bars - Butterfingers are good, too, but Heath just has the best crunch and toffee goes better with more flavors of ice cream.
10. Milk - This is probably the thing I have most frequently on my ice cream, and the best example of eating by texture. I love the icy slivers you get when you pour cold milk over ice cream.