As with so many things in my life, it's hard to pick just ten. . .
1. Yoga - No class the day before Thanksgiving and last week I was sick, so I'm all tight and need my yoga class.
2. Christmas cards - Haven't even bought them yet, am thinking we might just forgo them this year rather than go through all the stress of dealing with them at the last minute. If anyone has a sane strategy to share about the holiday card issue, I'd love to hear it.
3. Christmas shopping - I still have a few things to buy, mostly for people who are difficult to buy for, but I have some time allotted this weekend to get it done.
4. Oil change - The light in the car went on yesterday, already made an appointment to have the oil changed this weekend. I like the car dealership, so I'm actually looking forward to going there and knitting in the waiting room for a bit.
5. Pedicure - I haven't had time to get a real one for months, need one bad, whether I do it myself or find a nail place that's open when I am available.
6. Laundry - This is a perpetual one on the list. I don't think it's possible to not have laundry to do. When I was young and single it was, but with kids it is impossible to finish.
7. Christmas cookies - I don't currently bake all the cookies I made in previous years, but there are a couple of kinds that have been requested by the family. It's much more sane to make a couple kinds of cookies than the years when I made eight or ten or more varieties of cookies. I gave most of them away, but that's getting more touchy now that so many people can't or won't eat certain foods.
8. Christmas Eve - We need to figure out a plan. We just found out yesterday that my daughter's performance team will not be dancing at Christmas Eve Mass (as they have for years, but the church is under new management), so our plan for the night has been changed. Despite our different cultures, Christmas Eve is more important than Christmas Day for both El Esposo and me, so it would be nice to find an alternative special way to celebrate now that our original plans have been changed.
9. Work - I'm almost ready to unveil my super secret project. I will get that done by the end of the month.
10. Blogging - I need to figure out how to make this part of my regular routine. So, perhaps I will be back in this same spot soon.