Today's assignment is ten sentences that begin with "I am". . . which actually ends up being a nice way to catch up on random things.
1. I am finished reading Labor Day. Words can't express how nice it was to get through that book. It was awful. I'm definitely not going to see the movie starring Kate Winslet. I haven't seen one Kate Winslet movie from start to finish in my life. She is too damned dull. Watching the movie adaptation of one of the dullest books I've read starring one of the dullest actresses. . . well, you do the math. . . as in, not gonna happen.
2. I am now reading The Monuments Men. This book is more interesting, though the start is a bit dry. I am enjoying it, and I really think that this is one book that will come to life on the screen in ways that it really can't in words alone. I mean, it is about art, so the possibilities for lush visuals are high.
3. I am taking a break from Facebook. Other than checking a couple of private groups once or twice a day I'm not on there. I do not miss it much. I've had more time for other stuff, like reading and knitting. I will go back when everyone and their cousin stops moronic rants about the weather. Suck it up, buttercup.
4. I am participating in some project I found on Facebook where I am writing a letter every single mail day for the month of February. Some people are getting cards, and a few people might get little surprises. If you would like to receive a letter, let me know via comment or e-mail and I will make sure I put you on the list.
5. I am performing a first time ever feat of knitting - believe it or not, I am knitting the second sleeve to a sweater in much faster time than I knit the first one. In fact, the second sleeve should be done tonight. To put it in perspective, it's all stockinette, US 5 needles, for the world's largest nine year old (who happens to be five feet tall).
6. I am the mother of the world's largest nine year old. It's not an official title, but it makes most people feel better when they are shocked at how tall he is. I'm going to need to get an additional job to fund his grocery bills when he hits puberty.
7. I am the only person in my family who doesn't have an iPad. The kids have them, El Esposo has one, even my mom has one. The only other person who doesn't have an iPad is my dad, who also doesn't have a smartphone and doesn't want one. He is still lamenting the fact that cars have electric windows and power steering. I might need to go to the Apple Store soon.
8. I am hoping that Sherlock will return before John and Mary Watson's baby is at university. It's far too long between those short, short seasons. I do have Elementary to watch in the meantime, and I could always pick up one of the original novels by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Imagine - reading a book *after* seeing it being dramatized.
9. I am sneaking M&M's with my daughter. Technically, they are on hand for making M&M pancakes for my son, but we are being naughty while he is in the shower.
10. I am uncertain about whether I will have work tomorrow. We are expecting a big snow storm, but not until the early morning, so I won't know until I wake up tomorrow. I feel ambivalent about this - I have ways of keeping myself busy no matter where I am, so I'm all set either way.
So, did anyone out there like Labor Day?
Is anyone else reading The Monuments Men now?
Does anyone want to receive one of my lovely letters in February?
What else is new?